Guided Spearfishing Trip - Andros Island
Do you want to live a unique life experience that will exceed your expectations?
Do you want to improve your freediving/spearfishing skills in the crystal clear waters of Greece?
Then Join our Guided spearfishing trip at the beautiful Andros island!
Life is all about experiences and unlike material things, experiences stay with us no matter where we go!
The trip is hosted by Dimos Adamis, Freediving/Spearfishing Instructor and 5x Spearfishing World Record holder, with 30 years of spearfishing experience!
Being a local, he has been travelling and spearfishing across Andros island all his life and he can not only take you at the best locations and ‘’hidden gems’’of the island but also put you directly on the targeted fish spots!
Who can join?
Our Spearfishing trip is for certified freedivers of all levels, interested in spending two days spearfishing with an experienced Freediving and Spearfishing instructor.
It’s perfect for two experienced-goal oriented spearos who want to sharpen their skills and maximize their chances to catch a certain ‘’Trophy’’ fish or for two buddies with basic freediving experience who just want to relax, learn and have fun, while safely enjoying two days full of spearfishing!
What to expect?
Our ultimate goal is for you to safely enjoy your time here and to create a memorable and unique experience.
In order to keep your journey/trip/experience safe, exclusive and with focus on your needs, we prefer to only take up to 3 persons at a time.
You will have the opportunity to improve your diving/spearfishing skills in crystal clear waters, enjoy the Mediterranean diet and discover Andros from another point of view.
You will learn new techniques, explore new locations/fishing spots, you will catch&cook your own fish, meet the locals and you will live the true Spearfishing Life through an authentic Greek experience!
Dimos will be your instructor, guide, safety diver, camera guy and even your private chef, making sure you are getting the most of your trip!
Photos and videos with professional underwater equipment are provided in order to capture your memorable experience!
Due to the uncertainty of favorable weather conditions during the days of your trip, the transportation to/from the fishing spots is primarily organized by car but boat rental can also be arranged if the weather permits!
Enjoy the Aegean blue, the crystal clear waters of the Cyclades, fresh fish and the original greek hospitality!
Staying at ''Amazing views of Gavrion''
During the trip, we will be staying at ‘’Amazing views of Gavrion’’. It is our family home that has been converted to Self-catering accommodation and it can easily accommodate up to 5 people. It’s perfect for a family or two couples!
The kitchen is stocked with the basic cooking ingredients like local spices/cooking oils and is available for your use throughout the weekend.
Located at a very calm region of Gavrio referred to as ‘’Charakas’’ with great overview of the port and just 5min away from it!
How is a Typical 2-Day Guided Spearfishing Trip?
Arrival day – Check in at 17:00
We start this amazing adventure at our home in Gavrio Andros.
After you settle in and relax, we will have a small chat about your experience/expectations and then we’ll have a small informative session in order for you to have all the important information clear from the very beginning.
We go through:
Basic underwater hunting techniques
Basic prey in the area of interest
Ecological fishing consciousness and Greek Regulations
Possible risks during the activity and safety precautions
Important info and plans for the upcoming hunts
1st Road Trip/Shore Dive (08:00-15:00)
Wake up early in the morning, have a coffee, grab a bite and our adventure begins!
We go for a 4 hour dive at one of the many beautiful spots of the island, depending on weather conditions. Our fully prepared all-terrain vehicle (4X4) will take you on routes and paths that a conventional car cannot go. During the drive, we pass by a lot of scenic spots where we can stop for a break, have a quick walk and take photos in the epic surroundings.
Arriving at the spot we check gear and go through the hunting techniques for the certain spot/fish species.
During the dive Dimos will be by your side at all times as your safety diver and he will be providing the necessary guidance on how to dive efficiently, which technique to choose in order to approach the target species and the best strategies to follow.
We will try to locate and catch the targeted fish species but also secure some nice fish for dinner and for you to take home!
After the dive we prepare a tasty Carpaccio or Ceviche at sea, as a quick snack before heading back.
Free time for the rest of the day, so you can explore the beauty of the island by yourself.
A tasty catch&cook dinner can be prepared for you with our morning catch!
Dimos has an expertise in cooking fish and while doing so, he can share with you all the tips and tricks, in order for you to learn how to prepare&cook fish by yourself!
2nd Road Trip/Shore Dive (08:00-15:00)
Departure day – Check out at 18:00
Wake up early in the morning have a coffee, grab a bite and our adventure repeats!
We go for a 4 hour dive at a different spot of the island, depending on weather conditions and what we managed to achieve so far. During the drive, we once more pass by a lot of scenic spots where we can stop for a break, have a quick walk and take photos in the epic surroundings.
Arriving at the spot we check gear and go through details on the hunting techniques for the certain spot/fish species.
Like the day before, during the dive Dimos will be by your side at all times as your safety diver and he will be providing the necessary guidance on how to dive efficiently, which technique to choose in order to approach the target species and the best strategies to follow.
We will try to locate and catch the targeted fish species but also secure some nice fish for you to take home!
After the dive we head back for lunch at an amazing traditional tavern next to the sea.
After lunch, we return home for you to relax, pack and say our goodbyes!
Guided Spearfishing Trip - Andros Island
* Two days of spearfishing, 4 hours of Coastal Spearfishing/per day
* Two Nights accommodation
* Professional Freediving/Spearfishing Instructor
* Professional Guide/Driver
* Air Conditioned All-terrain vehicle (4X4) rental, fuel, ice, water, snacks(during the roadtrip/dive)
* Transportation to/from the fishing spots
* Pictures/Videos of your trip with professional gear
* Post Dive Feedback from the instructor
* 1 Catch&Cook Dinner at home + 1 Lunch at a traditional tavern by the sea
* Local logistics knowledge, Tagging on socials
Our spots are limited and book very fast!
Maximum number of participants : 3 persons
Minimum number of participants: 1 person
Minimum Viable Cost: 2700€
Pricing Per Person
Pay your Deposit : 350€
Pay In Full : 1350€
To ensure your booking is confirmed, please provide a 350€ non-refundable deposit.
The remaining amount can be paid 4 weeks prior to the trip.
Ready to Live the True Spearfishing Life in Greece?
Spearfishing like other diving activities is recommended to be practiced based on the buddy system. For that reason our starting prices are based on two divers. Regardless, you will always have an experienced Freediving/Spearfishing Instructor with you in the water!
Individual bookings will be accepted but the minimum numbers have to be achieved to make the trip viable.
Spearfishing Trips can be planned all over the year with the best months being April, June, July, September and October.
* Due to the uncertainty of favorable weather conditions during the days of your trip, the transportation to/from the fishing spots is primarily organized by car but boat rental is availiable for an extra cost.*
** All Seafood caught can be cleaned and fillet free of charge! **
*** Local pickup/drop off from the Port can be arranged with an additional cost of 30€. If you require the service please advise at booking ***
**** Participants will need to bring the following spearfishing gear: fins, mask, snorkel, gloves, socks, wetsuit (seasonal), weight belt, dive knife, speargun ****
Dive gear/spearguns can be rented at an additional cost of 100€. If you require dive gear please advise at booking.
(Please treat hired equipment with care. The operator will charge for items that are damaged or lost due to faults or misuse by the customer)
Participation requirements Documents and Conditions of Participation
* Identity Card or Passport
* Disclaimer form (to be completed at the beginning of the trip)
* Children (minimum 12-years-old) must be accompanied by an adult
* Freediving level 1 * Certification, or if the participant is an experienced free diver, a certificate from an active Freediving instructor that the necessary conditions of knowledge and performance are met.(Can be provided by us after the necessary theoretical and practical evaluation process)
* The organizer has the right to take the decision to cut a trip short at any time due to any conditions that are deemed unsafe or unsuitable.
* Customers are always required to act in a manner that is safe for themselves and for others.
* Customers are required to comply with any safety instructions given by the guide. Failure to do so may result in the termination of the trip.
* Customers are required to comply with the quota management system and fishing regulations administered by government agencies.
* Travel times to and from the fishing destinations are included in the length of the trip.
* Cameras may be operating at all times. Photos/videos taken could be used for advertising purposes.
* Diving within 24-hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving.
* If you’re not able to attend the trip that you’ve booked with a deposit, you can transfer your deposit to a future service within 12 month time from your reschedule without any fee.
* If you’re not able to attend the trip for any personal circumstances and have paid the full amount, you can transfer your payment to a future service within 12 month time from your reschedule without any fee.
* Failure to turn up ‘’No Show’’ for a scheduled trip: No compensation will be made for such trips missed and the customer DOES NOT have the option of booking another date.
* Trips cancelled due to an “act of God” or a “Pandemic” where there might be a partial or total lock down and the scheduled trip cannot go ahead, the trip will be rescheduled to another date on mutual agreement within 12 month time and the deposit paid will be carried forward to the new date. If for some reason the customer is unable to do another date and requests the trip to be cancelled then the deposit that was paid will be forfeited by the customer.